Minories station and the cable winding mechanism on the London and Blackwall Railway around 1840.

Minories Station 1840 from a contemporary magazine

The first Ordnance Survey map of 1873 shows the insertion of the London and Blackwall Railway, founded in 1840, that ran from Minories to Blackwall via Stepney, past Great Prescott Street. It had opened on 6 July 1840 and was then known as the Commercial Railway. It was closed in 1853 after being replaced by Fenchurch Street station.

In 1987, when the Docklands Light Railway opened, its western terminus at Tower Gateway opened on the site of the old Minories station and no evidence of the old station remains.