Members of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (MCIfA)
L – P project managers are Members of the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (MCIfA), which is the highest grade of individual professional recognition awarded by the CIfA. Other partners and staff are at Member, Associate and Practitioner levels. All were assessed by peer-review and subscribe to CIfA codes of professional conduct and practice.
Registered Organisation (RO)
L – P has always prided itself on providing clients with great service including independent expert advice and cost-effective practical solutions. This has been officially recognised by the Chartered Institute for Archaeologists (UK archaeology’s professional institute for the study and care of the historic environment) who have awarded us the status of Registered Organisation.
The RO system is a rigorous Quality Assurance scheme for archaeological contractors, overseen by the CIfA. The status of RO indicates that L – P : Archaeology:
- has been responsible for substantial archaeological projects
- provides informed & reliable archaeological advice
- prepares & executes appropriate schemes of work
- designs & undertakes archaeological work to high professional & ethical standards – minimising uncertainty, delay and cost to developers
- meets CIfA standards & subscribes to CIfA codes of professional conduct and practice
A recent peer-review of L – P : Archaeology’s London office, a current commercial project, East of England office and archaeo-environmental processing facilities was conducted. The peer review panel consisted of a local authority planning archaeologist, Cambridge archaeology company representative and CIfA representatives. The panel was impressed by ‘the general attitude of the company, their positivity and enthusiasm for the process’ and specifically noted the:
- flexibility and ethos of the organisation
- project management of Prescot Street site: enthusiastic & knowledgeable field staff and understanding of the site’s history & significance by project manager & senior staff
- quality of L – P’s IT systems
- efficient completion & deposition of archives from commercial projects
Member : Federation of Archaeological Managers and Employers (FAME)
L – P : Archaeology is a member of FAME – which represents archaeological employers throughout the United Kingdom.