Full archiving services for small to large projects
L – P provides a dedicated service for all sizes and complexities of archaeological archives. We deliver small scale documentary collections, to large quantities of artefacts and data from extensive or long-running research projects.
Our archiving expertise is used to assist research organisations, regional museums services and archaeological contractors
Key features of the archive preparation service:
- Prepared to IfA standards and tailored to local museum/archive deposition guidelines
- Organised to a high standard with a box by box database
- Efficient, appropriate project archiving
- Experience in bringing backlogged archives to deposition
- Online publication of data using L- P’s ARK service where requested
We also offer full project management for ‘salvage’ of backlogged post-excavation work. Previous work of this type has included:
- Re-assembling displaced archive
- Commissioning of specialist reports
- Completion of site reports
- Updating HER/SMR, and liaising with English Heritage, county archaeologists and heritage managers.